XEIAD is committed to an effective system of corporate governance. Our aim is to generate an attractive return to investors on a long-term basis, protecting the interests of shareholders and other investors. To achieve this, the board is committed to provide the right level of support and expertise to create a responsible and supportive environment for our staff.
The Board is responsible for ensuring the long term success of XEIAD by determining the Company’s long term direction and strategic objectives within a governance and leadership framework. This framework includes robust internal financial and operational controls, risk management and audit, as well as values and ethics.
OUR LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK IS BASED ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF FOUR MAJOR ORGANISATIONAL INITIATIVES
- Better defining and building a shared purpose
- Cultivating an ethic of contribution and safety
- Developing processes that enable people to work together in flexible but disciplined projects
- Creating an infrastructure in which collaboration and contribution are valued and rewarded
WE PURSUE OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE FRAMEWORK BY:
- Operational management controls being delegated to the chief executive officer, which is further delegated into the businesses using a matrix of authorities within clearly prescribed limits, including escalation where either project size, investment or risk profile requires a higher level of authority
- Tracking performance through monthly and quarterly reports and auditing effectiveness via internal audit and self-assessment reviews
- Implementing business controls to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulation governing our ability to deliver our wide range of services
- Controlling investment through reviews of investment propositions requiring formal approval by the Board
- The audit committee monitoring the integrity of the financial statements of the company and regularly reviewing and testing internal controls
- Appointment of an independent auditor approved by shareholders annually with the audit of the financial statements being conducted in accordance with recognised standards in the United Kingdom
- The remuneration committee setting remuneration policy and structure for the Company’s chairman and executive directors
- XEIAD’s Board and businesses are accountable for implementing this policy and we look to our employees’ support and professionalism in making it as effective and relevant as possible